Similar to your relationship with your accountant or attorney, your interest should be the primary focus and highest priority of your real estate agent. As a Buyer, you are entitled to high quality service and loyal representation. Best of all, your buyers representation costs you nothing and could even save you a considerable amount in the long run.
Your agent should:
- Provide an analysis of the real estate market.
- Help you focus your search to properties that best meet your needs.
- Schedule property visits and accompany you on them.
- Coordinate all aspects of the real estate transaction.
- Keep all of your information, especially your price intentions, strictly confidential.
- Structure the purchase offer to your best advantage.
- Aggressively negotiate your best price and terms.
- Provide advice during the negotiations.
- Assist with mortgage, escrow, title, and other closing matters.