If you’re looking for ways to get into the Thanksgiving spirt on Maui this year, we’ve got you covered! Below are some events and happenings taking place around the island.
If you don’t want to cook a whole Thanksgiving meal yourself this year, there are still plenty of traditional feasting options:
- Kā‘anapali Beach Hotel will have a Thanksgiving Day feast on Thursday, Nov. 22 at Tiki Terrace Restaurant, with an early bird buffet from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., then dinner buffet between 3 and 7 p.m. The cost is $55 for adults, $26 for children; kids five and under eat free with a paying adult.
- Montage Kapalua Bay has a dinner buffet at Cane & Canoe from 3:30 to 7:30 p.m. for $90 per adult, $30 per child 5 to 12 and complimentary for kids four and under with one adult diner.
- Gannon’s in Wailea is offering a four-course Thanksgiving buffet between 11 a.m. and 7 p.m., which is $62 for adults, $31 for keiki, and complimentary for kids six and under.
- Hāli‘imaile General Store has a buffet between noon and 7 p.m., offered for $58 dollars for adults, $28 for kids, and free for keiki ages six and younger.
- Three’s Bar & Grill is offering a traditional Thanksgiving dinner for $32.95, half-off for kids under 12, with a full menu still available between 5 and 10 p.m.
- Fleetwood’s on Front Street has a three-course prix-fixe menu for dinner. The cost is $75, with a keiki plate for $25. On Thanksgiving, Fleetwood’s is open for lunch from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m., with happy hour from 2 to 5 p.m. and the prix-fixe dinner between 4 and 8 p.m.
- Down The Hatch is offering turkey pot pie dinners for $18 on Thanksgiving, along with its full menu. It also has a costume-optional dance party the night before Thanksgiving! Down the Hatch is open regular hours, from 7:30 a.m. to 2 a.m., both days.
- Leoda’s Kitchen and Pie Shop is offering Thanksgiving dinners served in-house from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m on the 22nd.
Every Thanksgiving VIRR hosts a run up in Kula at Rice park called the Turkey Trot. The Turkey Trot is a unique race where the winners are the runners who are closest to guessing their time in the 16 mile or 8 mile runs, not who crosses the finish line first. No timing devices are allowed.. no cheating … Start: 8 Mile Starts at 8:00am, 16 Mile Starts at 7:00am. Course: Starts and finishes at Rice Park in the parking area off of Lower Kula Rd. Distance: 8 Mile out and back and 16 Mile which is the 8 mile out and back twice. We will be collecting donations of non-perishable food items for the Maui Food Bank. Day-of Registration Allowed! Click here for more info.
Paddle for Hunger
This fun community event is hosted by Hawaiian Paddle Sports to raise awareness and help feed the hungry in Maui. For several years now, Paddle for Hunger has gathered the community together on Thanksgiving morning. Participants can join in this fun, “anything that floats” paddling race, bring either financial or food donations to help feed Maui’s hungry families, and burn off some calories before putting them back in later that day! In 2017, Paddle for Hunger raised more than $10,000 and 1,000 pounds of food. This was enough to provide 42,000 meals for needy families in Maui County. They are hoping to raise even more this year!Day-of Registration Allowed! Click here for more info.
The LahainaTown Action Committee, with the help of local businesses and community members, continues the tradition of feeding those in need in West Maui on Thanksgiving Day. The luncheon, comprised of turkey and traditional holiday fixings, will be served to an expected 400 people on Thanksgiving Day from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the King Kamehameha III Elementary School cafeteria. Volunteers are needed to help set up and serve between 10 a.m. to 2 p.m., with additional helpers needed for cleanup from 2 and 3:30 p.m. Volunteers do not need to pre-register before Thanksgiving Day, but they are asked to check-in at the volunteer table when they arrive at King Kamehameha III Elementary School. King Kamehameha III Elementary School is located at 611 Front St. in Lahaina.
Donate to a Worthy Cause
- Lahaina Thanksgiving Feast for Those in Need – annual lunch put on by the LahainaTown Action Committee
- Hale Kau Kau – a South Maui-based organization serving the homebound
- Kaunoa Meals on Wheels – serving Maui’s senior population
- Feed My Sheep – a mobile food distribution program
- Salvation Army Hawaii – serving all those in need