As a buyer what should I expect from a real estate agent?
A real estate agent is an individual licensed by a state to represent a buyer or a seller in a real estate transaction. We are professionals offering a service. Similar to your relationship with your accountant or attorney, the interest of our client, be it the seller or the buyer, will be our primary focus and highest priority. As a professional representative, we pledge to maintain a loyal relationship throughout all transactions with our client.
Buyers and Sellers have different and competing interests. A single agent cannot fully represent the complete interest of both parties. Seller's agents are legally and contractually obligated to represent the best interest of only the Seller, their client.
As a Buyer, you are entitled to, and deserve, your own representation. As your exclusive agent, my only obligation with your transaction is to serve you, the Buyer. And best of all, your exclusive Buyers representation costs you no more and could save you a considerable amount.
AS YOUR EXCLUSIVE BUYER'S AGENT, I promise to:
- Provide an analysis of the real estate market.
- Help you focus your search to properties that best meet your needs.
- Schedule property visits and accompany you on them.
- Coordinating all aspects of the real estate transaction.
- Keep all your information, especially your price intentions, strictly confidential.
- Structure the purchase offer to your best advantage.
- Aggressively negotiate your best price and terms.
- Provide advice during the negotiations.
- Assist with mortgage, escrow, title, and other closing matters.